Learning Stories are now the most favoured method of observation and assessment utilized by early childhood services to document young children’s progress in learning. The Learning Story Approach enables the Educator to collect, document, reflecting on, and use their observations to develop rich portraits of children as learners in order to plan for and build on further learning. The Learning Story format is suitable to use with babies, toddlers and young children and is constructed in a variety of ways.
This Meantóir CPD programme will enable Educators to:
– Appreciate the importance of formative assessment for children’s learning
– Recognise the type and quantity of information to document
– Utilise different Learning Story formats
– Practice strengths based writing techniques
– Compile Progress Portfolios that are unique to each child
– Transfer the ‘Moving Forward/What Next’ component of a Learning Story into emergent planning using Aistear learning goals.
WHERE and WHEN is it being held?
Choose either an Inis Eoghain, Letterkenny or Donegal Town location.
Inis Eoghain: Tuesday 14th and Tuesday 21st May 2019, 6.30pm – 9pm
Letterkenny: Thursday 16th and Thursday 30th May 2019, 6.30pm – 9pm
Donegal Town: Saturday 1st June 2019, 10am- 3.30pm
How much does the course cost?
Meantóir Clients €32pp (With Coupon Code)
Non Meantóir Clients €40pp
A CPD Certificate of Attendance will be provided for an additional €2pp as an option.
Terms and Conditions
Please note … courses will go ahead dependent on meeting minimum numbers. You will be informed of appropriate venues (suitable for numbers) closer to the time. Any transfer of places from one course to another or cancellation of places (minimum 3 days’ notice), will be subject to a booking amendment fee. Credits will only be applied to further CPD programmes if 3 days’ notice of non-attendance is provided.